9/27/2013

Cardio and Cooking: Wings, anyone?

After a number of good badminton games, as usual, I came back quite hungry. Sooo...I made myself some wings! They were good, and really hit the spot after all of that moving around. This will be a pretty quick post, as I have quite a busy schedule tomorrow.

Things I have learned today about wings:
- You can actually eat a lot more wings than you think you can. I had separated a large package of 22 wings into ziploc bags of 7-8, and cooked one bagful. I wish I had made at least 2. I could have probably done all 3. (There was only one time that I went out for wings with friends at a bar, and I had 34. After that, P and I hit a fancy restaurant to have dessert - i.e. the best apple pie EVER. It turns out that you can still be hungry after that many wings, but it's just that the taste of chicken wings gets kind of old.)
- You can have any kind of wings you want because it just depends on what you season them with.
- As usual, it is more inexpensive to buy and make your own wings than Wing Wednesdays when they're 25-33 cents a wing.
- The mini drumstick parts of the wings are called "drumettes". 
- Wings taste very good after an intense amount of exercise.

My very own Friday night wings! I Skyped with P so as not to feel too sad. = =
Any Night Wings (with Frank's Hot Sauce)
*per 8-10 wings*

3 Tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 Tbsp Canola oil
1 ziploc bag of 8-10 chicken wings

1. Turn on the broiler.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. (I prefer using parchment paper because food doesn't stick to it, but you can use tin foil if you wish.)
3. Add hot sauce, salt, pepper, and oil into bag of chicken wings. Seal tightly, and massage the chicken wings around until they are all coated with marinade.
4. Dump all of the contents onto the parchment paper. Use chopsticks (or tongs) to separate all of the wings so that there is one layer.
5. Place the pan under the broiler for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the broiler, and turn each wing to the other side. Place back under broiler for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the broiler. You can brush the wings with more hot sauce if you want. 
8. Enjoy with a dipping sauce of your choice (I used ranch salad dressing)!

Today, I learned that satisfying hunger is a priority of mine over hygiene... I came back from badminton, made the wings, ate them, and THEN took a shower.  > >; Such is life...

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It means a lot to know you stopped by! :)