7/01/2013

Love for the Locals: Koffee Cafe

On Canada Day, I usually volunteer for the Millwoods Canada Day Celebration at the park, so P took me for breakfast in the morning at a place called Koffee Cafe (6120-28 Avenue). Neither of us had been there before, but as in most cases, P consulted the ever so prestigious Urbanspoon and apparently the breakfast was supposed to be pretty good, so what the hay? 

From the outside, it looks like your typical independent strip mall convenience store. Shaaady...
Inside, however, it wasn't so bad. It looked like a mix between a cafe and a diner. That, and they sold practically anything you could think of. So, there's a cafe, but they also sell lotto tickets, artwork (similar to what they do at the Sugar Bowl), internet access (like in hotels?), newspapers...oh, and for the special price of 5.99, you could get a glass of wine! 



If you wanted to feel more at home, there was a strategically placed sofa and loveseat set complete with a table, also set with ketchup, salt and pepper, and cream and sugar.
For the special of $6, you can get the Homesteader breakfast which consists of 2 slices of white or brown toast, 3 strips of bacon or sausage, 2 triangular hashbrowns, and 2 eggs any way. Both of us opted for the Homesteader with white toast, bacon, and 2 "over-easy" eggs (P likes to tease me because since I was little, my dad told me "easy over", so I always say "easy over", but even Wikipedia tells me otherwise :( Talk about dashed hopes and dreams, huh?). Nothing was particularly greasy or salty, so I'd say sure! I also wanted to take a closer picture of their menu, but the people who worked there were already looking at me funny.
For a not-too-shabby breakfast in the Millwoods area, try hitting it up at Koffee Kafe, where you can get Butter Chicken and naan or rice first thing in the morning! :D P and I will be your personal guinea pigs and try that someday.

Oh, and Happy Canada Day ;)

-M

P.S. This year was P's first Canada Day as a Canadian! Woo~

Koffee Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Canadian citizenship, and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It means a lot to know you stopped by! :)