1/11/2013

Budget-Friendly Bites: On Campus, Episode 3

L'Express in SUB offers breakfast in the morning, but just like with any time you eat outside food, you need to take note of better deals. The menu lists a breakfast sandwich priced at $4.75 which is the one in the bagel. There's another breakfast sandwich in an English muffin which is only $2.50 (pictured below)! It has a plain omelette, sausage of either chicken or pork, and a slice of cheese. It's a bit salty to me, but that's because I'm a bit sensitive to salt. Other than that, it's a decent quick breakfast for a reasonable price. During exam season, they give you even better breakfast deals, so look out for that! Also, remember that L'Express is one of the SU-run businesses in SUB, so costs can be further subsidized by using your OneCard or grabbing a "Reuse-a-dish" dish.

1/10/13: With a big bite taken out of it. This was my first day going back to having breakfast since the Christmas break (among other things).
On another day, I didn't want to spend too much, so I stopped by Subway. Luckily, Subway is now offering the 6-inch Ham or Egg Salad for $3. That means that with tax, either of those two sandwiches are $3.15 as opposed to $3.66. Sure, it doesn't seem like much, but saving is saving!

The thing about Subway is you can actually ask for unlimited vegetables and dressings. It will only cost extra to add more meat or cheese. I forgot about this until my ex-Sandwich Artist friend reminded me.

I love hot sauce on my subs. I used to get mustard until I heard a guy in front of me order hot sauce. My life was forever changed. *_* (They either use some sort of tabasco or Frank's...does anyone know?)

1/11/13: 6-inch Ham on Italian toasted with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, green peppers, and hot sauce! 
I know this post's really short, but I thought I'd add it anyways :)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It means a lot to know you stopped by! :)